Make sure you are using the correct form version for your due date. Remember, the intended due date for your application determines the correct form version to use.
If you are applying to a due date on or after January 25, 2022 you MUST use application forms with a FORMS-G Competition ID (NOT-OD-22-018). Not sure which form version you are working on? Our Do I Have the Right Forms for My Application? resource explains how to determine your form version when preparing your application.
Let’s check your understanding with a little quiz.
Which form version would you use if …?
- Submitting an R01 application on Jan. 24th for the Feb. 5 R01 standard due date
- Submitting an R01 application on Feb. 1st for the Feb. 5 R01 standard due date
- Submitting on January 28th to RFA-RM-22-005 (hint – it has a Jan. 19, 2022 due date) under our late policy
- Submitting an R01 AIDS application on Feb. 1 for the Jan. 7 AIDS standard due date under our continuous submission policy
- Submitting a Resubmission application for the March 5 R01 standard due date, when the original (New) application used FORMS-F
- FORMS-G – Feb. 5 intended due date is on/after Jan. 25, and, yes, some folks do submit that early
- FORMS-G – Feb. 5 intended due date is on/after Jan. 25
- FORMS-F* – Jan. 19 intended due date is on/before Jan. 24
- FORMS-F* – Jan. 7 intended due date is on/before Jan. 24
- FORMS-G – March 5 intended due date is on/after Jan. 25; the intended due date, not the application type, determines the correct form version
*Note: Although all FORMS-F packages are set to close on January 24, 2022, they have been configured with a short grace period allowing our systems to continue to accept FORMS-F applications submitted under our late, system-issue, and continuous submission policies.