At this point, nearly all grant applications should be using our updated application forms (FORMS-F; NOT-OD-20-026 and NOT-OD-20-077). If you aren’t sure how to tell the form version you are using, check out Do I Have the Right Forms for My Application?
There are a few notable exceptions:
- NIH will accept FORMS-E application form packages for the following FOAs until they are reissued on or around June 25, 2020 (NOT-OD-20-110)
- PA-18-589 Successor-in-Interest (Type 6 Parent Clinical Trial Optional)
- PA-18-590 Change of Grantee Organization (Type 7 Parent Clinical Trial Optional)
- PA-18-591 Administrative Supplements to Existing NIH Grants and Cooperative Agreements (Parent Admin Supp – Clinical Trial Optional)
- PA-18-592 Research Supplements to Promote Re-Entry into Biomedical and Behavioral Research Careers (Admin Supp – Clinical Trial Not Allowed
- PA-18-935 Urgent Competitive Revision to Existing NIH Grants and Cooperative Agreements (Urgent Supplement – Clinical Trial Optional)
- PA-20-135 Emergency Competitive Revision to Existing NIH Awards (Emergency Supplement – Clinical Trial Optional)
- Applicants have until June 25, 2020 to complete submission of their in progress administrative supplements to promote diversity using FORMS-E application packages and parent FOAs PA-18-906 or PA-20-166.
- New applications should use FORMS-F application packages and reissued FOA PA-20-222: Research Supplements to Promote Diversity in Health-Related Research (Admin Supp – Clinical Trial Not Allowed).
- A few institutes have issued notices in the NIH Guide extending late application windows for specific opportunities due to COVID-19 impacts (see Late Application Policy Notices section of this page.) Applicants should use FORMS-E application form packages If submitting late applications for due dates on or before May 24, 2020.