How Do I Find Who My Signing Officials Are at My Institution?


For most institutions, the signing official (SO) is in the Office of Sponsored Research or equivalent. If you already have an eRA Commons account, you can find the list of signing officials for your institution in the Institution Profile. You may need an SO for various reasons — to submit an application or a request for additional materials or a Just-in-Time material; to add a new role; to add delegations; to update your email address in Commons; to reaffiliate your account to a new institution if you move to another institution and more.

  1. Log in to eRA Commons.
  2. Navigate to the Institutional Profile module by clicking on the apps menu or the eRA logo and choosing Institution Profile from the dropdown menu.
  3. Click the Basic Information tab. You see a row titled Signing Officials.
  4. Click the plus sign to view the name(s), phone numbers and emails of the signing official(s).

 If you are unable to identify your SO, contact the eRA Service Desk. See this frequently asked question and more on the eRA FAQ page.

Before submitting your comment, please review our blog comment policies.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *