NIH issues a revised Grants Policy Statement each fall. The latest version, issued in October, introduces no new policies. Rather, it incorporates updates made throughout the year. This revision applies to all NIH grants and cooperative agreements with budget periods beginning on or after October 1, 2017.
Changes in NIH policy made throughout the year are issued as policy notices in the NIH Guide to Grants and Contracts. We aggregate these notices on our Notices of Changes to Grants Policy web page for your convenience. Remember that applicants and grantees are responsible for tracking policy changes as they happen.
You can track publication of policy notices in a number of ways:
- Sign up to receive the weekly Table of Contents for the NIH Guide to Grants and Contracts via email or RSS feed.
- Get immediate updates on new funding opportunities and notices by following @NIHFunding on Twitter.
- Or set and save a query to receive just the policy notices by email as they are issued (you can cancel any time):
- Go to the NIH Guide for Contracts
- Deselect funding opportunities
- Select “NIH” under organization
- Add today’s date for release date
- Select “save this search” under the top current search box
- Provide your email