How Can I Request More Funding for My Current Project?

If you’re currently a grantee, there are two paths for seeking additional funding for an active project, depending on the project needs.

If you need to address unforeseen cost increases within the scope of your approved project aims, then you would want to consult with the NIH program and grants management officials assigned to your award (they are listed with their contact information in the eRA Commons) and determine any NIH institute or center-specific submission deadlines or eligibility criteria. Learn more about administrative supplements.

If you need to request increased support within your current budget period for expanding your project beyond its approved scope or research protocol, then you can submit an application for a competing revision. Know that you cannot submit a revision application before you receive your grant award and you cannot request restoration of a budget that was administratively reduced by the funding agency. Learn more about competing revisions.


Email this to someoneTweet about this on TwitterShare on Facebook0Share on LinkedIn0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Print this page

2 thoughts on “How Can I Request More Funding for My Current Project?

    • The current FOA for administrative supplements is PA-16-287. You will see in the due date field of that announcement that “Due dates may vary by awarding IC. See the awarding IC’s web site for any applicable application due dates.” If you cannot find the information on the institute or center web site, then contact the program or grants management official for your grant. This information can be found in the eRA Commons.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *