NIH Guide notice NOT-OD-18-180, issued on May 16, 2018, provides NIH policy on:
- FY 2018 Funding Levels – We are generally restoring non-competing continuation awards already made in FY 2018 and making remaining non-competing continuing grants at the commitment level indicated on the Notice of Award.
- Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Stipends – We are increasing NRSA stipends by approx 2%.
- Next Generation Researchers Initiative Policy – We are prioritizing meritorious R01-equivalent applications from early stage investigator (ESI) principal investigators.
- Salary Limits – Salary limits increased to $189,600 effective January 7, 2018.
- Other Legislative Mandates – These mandates limit or condition the use of funds on NIH grant, cooperative agreement, and contract awards for FY 2018.
Read the details in the full announcement.