- Extramural Application Submission
- Submission of a Reference Letter (how a referee or recommender submits a reference letter to NIH on behalf of an LRP applicant)
- How the Primary Mentor Submits a Reference Letter
- How the Institutional Business Official Certifies an LRP Applicant
- How an Applicant Checks the Status of an Application Submission
The objective of the NIH LRPs is to recruit and retain highly qualified health professionals to careers in biomedical or biobehavioral research. Qualified health professionals who are engaging in NIH mission-relevant research for at least 20 hours per week at a nonprofit or government institution may be eligible to apply to one of the six extramural LRP subcategories.
This year, the LRP application cycle will close on November 18. For additional assistance, call or e-mail the LRP Information Center at 866-849-4047 (Mon-Fri 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST) or email@example.com. You can also follow the NIH Division of Loan Repayment on Twitter and Facebook for more program information and updates.