Do you have questions about the Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Awards (NRSA), especially the Individual Fellowships (F awards) and Institutional Training Grants (T awards)? In this video, NIH’s Dennis Twombly and Lisa Moeller will take you through an overview of these two types of awards, providing some tips along the way.
Topics covered include:
• NRSA Awards: eligibility & general requirements
• Individual Fellowships: award types, eligibility, stipends, how to apply, review criteria
• Institutional Training Grants: award types, features of training programs, how to apply, review criteria
• Post-award issues for Individual Fellowships: initiation of support, reporting requirements, stipend supplementation, compensation, progress reports, changes in project, leave policies
• Post-award issues for Institutional Training Grants: appointment and termination notices, allowable and unallowable costs, research performance progress reports, financial reporting requirements, prior approval requests, rebudgeting, no-cost extensions
This video was originally presented at the Fall 2020 NIH Virtual Seminar on Program Funding and Grants Administration.