Update: The two day seminar has reached capacity today. However, the following workshops are still available to attend without seminar registration: Human Research Reviews: Mastering the Process, Intellectual Property – Understanding Requirements and Recipient Responsibilities, and Intellectual Property – A Hands-on Demonstration of iEdison. Further details below.
To register for one of the available workshops above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest! – NIH Regional Seminar Staff, August 15, 2017
By now, you’ve hopefully heard about the upcoming NIH Regional Seminar on Program Funding and Grants Administration, October 26 & 27, 2017 in Baltimore, Maryland. (If you’re not familiar this event, see what was said about our 2017 spring seminar in this Open Mike blog post and an article on the Top 5 Reasons to Attend an NIH Regional Seminar.)
Did you know that on the day before the two-day seminar, NIH also offers a variety of optional workshops that will help you delve deeper into specific topic areas? On Wednesday, October 25, 2017, you have the opportunity to participate in one or more of the following workshops:
- Human Research Reviews: Mastering the Process – Staff from the Department of Health and Human Services Office of Human Research Protections and NIH will provide you with the information necessary to help you get NIH grant applications and research protocols through the review process. In this full day workshop, experts will focus on providing participants with practical tips and solutions to problems and difficulties commonly encountered during such reviews. Note: This workshop does not require participation in the 2-day seminar.
- Administrator’s Boot Camp – This introductory level, hands-on workshop for research administrators is designed for those new to applying to NIH. NIH staff will provide in-depth information on the basics of the pre-award process — highlighting key activities, timelines, considerations, and resources. Starting from the very beginning of the pre-award process through the time of award, topics will include registration, identifying funding opportunities, using the application guides, and understanding the Notice of Award.
- eRA Workshops (2 options):
- Grant Application Preparation & Submission: Are you new to the NIH grant application process or overwhelmed by the logistics of submitting a grant application to NIH? Then this NIH eRA Workshop is for you. We will guide the novice user through all the steps in the application submission process from preparing to apply to verifying your application hasbeen successfully received at NIH.
- eRA Commons Account Administration & Post-Submission Processing: Have you recently started a new position or been given an eRA Commons account and you don’t know what to do with it? Then this NIH eRA workshop is for you. In this interactive session, we will guide the novice user through key aspects of account administration, maintaining profiles, and post-submission processing in eRA Commons.
- Intellectual Property – Understanding Requirements and Recipient Responsibilities: This beginner to intermediate-level workshop is designed for sponsored program and technology transfer professionals. Participants will gain an understanding of intellectual property, the Bayh-Dole Act, inventions reporting via iEdison, and other award recipient responsibilities as they relate to intellectual property and federal grant funding. Note: This workshop does not require attendance at the two day seminar.
- Intellectual Property – A Hands-on Demonstration of iEdison: Join IP experts in this intermediate to advanced-level workshop which will provide participants with a demonstration of Interagency Edison (iEdison), with an emphasis invention and patent reporting, and administration of the patent rights clauses in Federal funding agreements. (This workshop does not require attendance at the two-day seminar.)
Registration for the optional pre-seminar workshops requires participation in the two-day seminar (unless noted otherwise.) Space is very limited! Register today!