Who At NIH Can Answer My Question About….?


NIH is a big place, and we understand how it may seem daunting to identify the right person to talk to as you go through the various steps of seeking NIH funding. From idea, to submission, to post-award management, we are here to help. We developed a new resource to help you contact the NIH staff member who can best help you along each phase of the application and award process. Our “Contacting Staff at the NIH Institutes and Centers” page explains the roles of NIH staff, and, most importantly, where you can find the name and contact information for NIH staff member who should be best able to help you.



  1. We have a question about updating the Inclusion Enrollment Form for our study. Our human subjects study enrolls the parents of the affected individual for the purpose of determining new genetic mutations in the affected individual. The parents do not have the studied disease. Should the Inclusion Enrollment Report only report the affected individuals? Or should it also include the individual’s parents in the counts? The parents are officially consented since they undergo a blood draw, but they do not have the studied disease. Thank you for your assistance.

    1. If the parents will contribute data to the scientific aims of the study, even if they do not have the condition of interest, they should be reported on the Inclusion Enrollment Report. If you still have questions, contact your program officer or the Inclusion policy team: Inclusion@od.nih.gov

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *