Applicants to our training grant programs will be among the first to use our updated (FORMS-D) application forms.
Here are some handy reminders:
- Use FORMS-D application forms and instructions:
- There are now two ways to access instructions for training grant applications: 1. Our general instructions, which include instructions for training grants as well as all other types of grant programs (available in PDF or a web-based format), and 2. training (T) specific instructions, which consolidate all instructions relevant only to training grant applications into a single PDF document.
- New T32 (PA-16-152)and T35 (PA-16-151) parent announcements with FORMS-D application packages are now available.
- FORMS-D application packages have been added to all other NIH training opportunities with standard due dates.
- Watch for “Additional Instructions for Training” callouts in the form instructions; they are color coded with a turquoise icon —
- Use the updated FORMS-D training tables. Note that NIH has reduced the maximum number of required tables to eight.
- Pay close attention to the new instructions for the PHS 398 Research Training Program Plan form – there have been quite a few changes:
- Moved content previously collected in “Background’ and “Recruitment Plan to Enhance Diversity” attachments to existing “Program Plan” attachment
- Added new “Plan for the Instruction in Methods for Enhancing Reproducibility” attachment
- Added new Data Safety Monitoring Plan attachment
- Follow the updated guidance for biosketches which includes several important clarifications summarized in NOT-OD-16-080
- Take advantage of the new PHS Assignment Request form to communicate specific application assignment and review requests to our receipt and referral staff
- Remember the implementation of new rigor and transparency requirements has been delayed for institutional training applications and is not expected before FY 2017 (NOT-OD-16-034)