This is your last opportunity in 2011 to attend a two-day NIH Regional Seminar on Program Funding and Grants Administration in Weston, Florida* June 24-25, as well as the optional electronic Research Administration (eRA) hands-on computer workshops June 23.
Approximately 35 NIH and HHS policy officials and grants management, review, and program staff will meet with participants from across the globe to provide a broad array of expertise and insight into the NIH grant application process. They will help demystify the application and review process, clarify federal regulations and policies, and highlight current areas of special interest or concern.
In addition to offering administrative and researcher tracks in the agenda, the following new networking opportunities are, also, included:
- One-on-ones with NIH staff (Sign up on-site)
- Dine and discuss the grant-related issues with NIH and HHS presenters and your peers during lunch
- Enjoy conversation in the laid-back atmosphere of the Thursday evening networking reception
- Tweet your favorite grant tips during the sessions
- Jump start Friday with your peers at breakfast topic tables
Here’s what a few attendees from the April 2011 NIH Regional Seminar in Scottsdale, Arizona had to say:
- Overall Agenda: The seminar has been very encouraging and motivating for me, increasing my confidence in writing/applying for NIH grants.
- Networking Opportunities: (They were)….very informative and helpful. I was able to address specific concerns and understand through the eyes of NIH.
- Optional eRA Workshops: … exceeded my expectations. I like particularly the interactive way the workshops were conducted.
*Local Ambassador University: Florida Atlantic University